Extended Schools Provision at QE
Extended services are additional services and activities offered by schools to pupils, their families and the community. These services often take place outside of normal school hours and can include access to childcare, sports activities and support for learning.
QE has set out to offer a core of extended services (in partnership with local authorities and local providers):
- Quality childcare - ‘a safe place to be after school for secondary age pupils
- Out of school activities - a varied menu of activities to be on offer such as homework clubs and study support, sport (at least two hours a week beyond the school day for those who want it), music tuition, dance and drama, arts and crafts, special interest clubs
- Parenting support - including information sessions for parents at key transition points, parenting programmes and family learning sessions to allow children to learn with their parents.
- Swift and easy access to a wide range of services – to provide support at an early stage for children and young people with additional needs such as behavioral, emotional, health or other difficulties.
- Community access to school facilities – to enable greater community use of school facilities such as ICT suites, sports and arts facilities, and access to adult learning opportunities.
Our aim is that these extended services will be developed in response to the needs and wishes of parents, pupils and the wider community.
Providing easier access to all types of services around the places where children and young people spend most of their time is key to achieving the five Every Child Matters outcomes of ensuring that children stay safe, are healthy, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution and achieve economic well being.
QE is already providing lots of extended services and is working towards developing the range of extended services to meet the needs of pupils, parents and the wider community. To find out what’s happening simply click on the notice board.
Last updated: 16 May 2011
QE Academy Trust A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, No. 7562194 An exempt charity.
Registered Office: Western Road, Crediton, Devon, EX17 3LU. Tel: 01363 773 401